GENERAL INFORMATION AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Please bear the following in mind when attending or visiting the college:
- Keep your room and surroundings tidy.
- Return any equipment or items you have used to their proper places.
- Use proper garbage containers.
- Refrain from using candles.
- Report any damaged devices to the office.
- If possible, unplug the damaged device.
- Turn off all your electric devices when leaving the college.
- Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas.
- Turn off the lights if you are the last to leave the office.
- When leaving the premises, check that all doors (including the emergency exits) are locked (applies only to the people leaving in the evening).
- In the event of an accident, immediately report it to the safety manager (the school’s principal) or to the safety director (Jaana Alho).
Other issues concerning safety
If you notice any potential fire danger or violation of the safety rules, try to deal with the situation yourself. Should that fail, contact the duty manager, safety director or safety manager.
Should you lose your keys, contact the duty manager, safety director or safety manager immediately.
Familiarize yourself with the school’s emergency exits and instructions in the image above.
If an accident occurs, act in the following way:
Save people from any immediate danger.The first measures must be aimed at the people who are threatened by immediate danger and are not able to save themselves. These people must be moved from the spot of immediate danger and given first aid if needed.
Extinguish the fire in its early stage with the nearest fire-extinguisher.
Consider possible measures for preventing and getting rid of the danger at the stage when prevention is still realistic.
Report on the emergency by calling 112
Call yourself, if you can.
What has happened?
Answer the questions.
Follow the given instructions.
Don’t hang up before you are allowed to.
Don’t call this number in non-emergency situations.
When you call the emergency number you are not expected to have any special skills. Professionals on-call will ask you all the necessary questions.
– make sure that everyone gets out;
– close the doors and windows.